Volunteers are vital to the existence of PASSAGES, Inc. The agency would be unable to provide many of the services it does without the help and commitment of our volunteers. Opportunities which are available as a PASSAGES, Inc. volunteer are as follows:
- Provide medical accompaniment after business hours to sexual assault survivors at our local hospitals.
- Provide accompaniment after business hours to sexual assault survivors at local police stations.
- Provide hotline crisis counseling/coverage during business hours when needed.
- Assist prevention education staff with educational programming when needed.
- Assist with fundraising projects/events.
- Assist agency staff with community-wide events and public relations activities.
- Provide general office duties
All volunteers must complete our Direct Service Training before assisting our staff with these opportunities. The training is offered 2-3 times/year.
Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated throughout the WRC organization. Our volunteers use their special talents and gifts to make an extraordinary difference in the lives of our residents and clients. Whether you want to volunteer daily, weekly, monthly or once in a while, we have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available:
- Office and reception work
- Assisting with recreation and entertainment activities
- Providing companionship to residents by visiting, reading, playing games, etc.
- Hospice volunteer – goes into patient homes and provides companionship and a listening ear, runs errands and provides a break for family caregivers
- Promoting public awareness of WRC Senior Services in the community
- Helping raise money for charitable care
- Serving on WRC’s board of directors
Volunteer Firefighting… More Than Fighting Fires . . .
Firefighting is not for everyone, but volunteering can be!!
The Brookville Volunteer Fire Company offers a number of opportunities to serve your community through the volunteer fire service, and much of it has nothing to do with firefighting.
Fire and emergency services are one of the most diverse and challenging professions. The diversity in this line of work is what inspires most men and woman to volunteer in the fire service. Members must train and prepare to cope with situations that range from building fires to water rescue to hazardous materials incidents, and almost any other emergency situation.
The fire service is not for everyone. You need more than a desire to help people in order to succeed. You need courage, dedication, assertiveness, and an open mind to learn new skills and face new challenges. You will also need to have the time for training sessions, meetings, emergency responses, and various other functions. But don’t let this intimidate you. Most of the members have full time jobs and familes and can still make time to volunteer.
There are many other ways to assist your community through the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company. These include the following: Recruitment, Fund-Raising, Record-Keeping, Financial Services, Building Renovations, and Community Service.
The personal rewards and satisfaction received from the volunteer fire service give every member a sense of accomplishment when a goal is achieved. The sense of family and teamwork exemplified within the fire service helps individuals develop and maintain friendships. The information learned through the fire service will also help you achieve your goals both educationally and professionally.
If you are looking for a change of pace in your life or if you would make yourself a more well rounded individual look into joining the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company.
For more information, contact:
Donna Haney (814) 849-1832
Molly Northey (814) 849-1830
Volunteers are essential to the Penn Highland Brookville mission of delivering quality care. Anyone who enjoys helping people in the community is invited to join. Your help is needed to bring joy, hope and a helping hand to our patients and visitors.
- Patient transport/escort
- Clerical support
- Mail delivery
- Bedside support
- Spiritual fellowship
- And more
For more information, contact:
CONTACT THE Y OR OUR STAFF — 814-
Volunteer at the Y
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Are you interested in volunteering? We welcome new volunteers to help in the various aspects of service at the food pantry. All new volunteers are required to attend an orientation and training session with the volunteer coordinator. Our current distribution is every Thursday from 10 a.m.- noon and 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please send us an email with your name and phone number and we’ll get back to you : brookvilleareafoodpantry@or call the food pantry and leave a message at 814-849-0818.
Coolspring Power Museum
Coolspring Power Museum is an all-volunteer organization. Our volunteers perform a wide variety of services at the museum and produce some truly amazing results. Be a part of our volunteer staff! We need your help during our June, July, and October Shows and during our other events. Please see our Volunteers page for more information about our volunteers program. Also, see our Events page for the schedule of activities at the museum. Please contact us at 814-849-6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.