Mentored Youth Trout Day 2017 (Statewide)
Hosted by Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
Youth anglers and their adult mentors can get an early start fishing on the two Mentored Youth Trout Days on ALL Commission-stocked waters managed under Commonwealth inland regulations. March 25, 2017, is the regional day for the 18 southeastern and southcentral Pennsylvania counties, and April 8, 2017, applies statewide.
• Adult anglers (16 years of age or older) must possess a valid PA fishing license and a current trout/salmon permit and be accompanied by a youth angler (less than 16 years of age) who has a Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or Voluntary Youth Fishing License.
• Youth anglers must possess a FREE Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or a Voluntary Youth Fishing License ($2.90 cost).
• A youth angler must be accompanied by an adult angler when participating.
• The minimum size for trout is 7 inches long.
• The creel limit will be 2 trout (combined species) per licensed youth.
• Adults are NOT permitted to harvest fish.
• All other Commonwealth inland regulations apply. (For more information, please visit: http://www.fishinpa.com/)
• Be sure to visit http://fbweb.pa.gov/
• These days DO NOT INCLUDE special regulation waters.
For more information on Mentored Youth Trout Days and to obtain a license or permit, visit: www.GoneFishingPA.com.
(Questions about Mentored Youth Trout Days should be directed to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission Facebook Page’s Message Board. Thank you.)